Girl Advisory Bureau
- 100th Anniversary
- Activity & Event Registration
- Activity & Event Refunds
- Financial Assistance
- Girl Scout Membership Registration and Renewal
- Clubs & Teams
- Community Activities
- Community Service
- Girl Leadership & Awards
- Patch Programs
- Program & Activity Fliers
- Program & Event Guide
- Program Focus Areas
- Signature Events
Do you have the gift of gab?
Join the NEW Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles Girl Advisory Bureau (GAB)! GAB (formerly known as the Girl Advisory Board) will be a dynamic group of Girl Scouts from every level--Daisy to Ambassador--and from all over the greater Los Angeles area.
Speak up and speak out! GAB Girls will be the voice of the more than 40,000 Girl Scouts and will represent the council at media and civic events. Plus, GAB Members will:
- have the honor and distinction of membership
- engage in leadership and media workshops
- share their ideas and stories with the council and the community
- be recognized on the GSGLA website and in internal publications
GAB Membership requirements
- have been a member of Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles for at least one year prior to October 1, 2012
- be registered member of Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles for the 2012-13 year.
GAB Membership commitments
GAB Members must*:
- uphold the Girl Scout Promise and Law
- attend the annual GAB Member Orientation
- commit to attending at least four (4) GAB meetings a year**
- commit to a minimum term of two (2) years or until they age out of Girl Scouts, whichever comes first
*Additional assignments may be required for Junior to Ambassador members.
**Brownie and Daisy members are only required to attend the orientation and one media workshop
How to apply:
Complete and submit the online GAB Application by Sunday, October 14, 2012.
Submit a 60-second video (mp3, wmv, avi, or mov) telling us why Girl Scouting is an important part of your life, what you like about Girl Scouts, or your best Girl Scout experience. You can sing it, recite it as poetry, act it out with a script and props, or just look at the camera and talk. Either way, make sure you show us your personality!
Your video must:
- include an introduction with your name and Girl Scout Level
- Not be more than 1 GB in size
- Not be more than 60 seconds in length
- be a wmv, mp3, avi, or mov file
- have a file name of your name (eg. JaneDoe.wmv)
- be received (or postmarked) by Sunday, October 14, 2012
There are three ways to submit your video:
Send your video (or your video link) to email@example.com OR
Post your video on the Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles YouTube channel (click here for YouTube posting instructions) OR
Mail a disc with your video to: Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles, Attn: Girl Advisory Bureau Cmte, 801 S. Grand Avenue, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 90017
NOTE: All video submissions and images, upon receipt, become the property of Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles and may be used for the promotion and publicity of Girl Scouts and Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles.
GAB members will be selected annually by a committee of Girl Scout staff, Girl Scout volunteers, and media professionals.